Why should you choose a Phibrows Artist?
Phibrows Microblading is a European technique of semi-permanent drawing of eyebrows, with hyper-realistic results. The shape of eyebrows is calculated only according to the morphology of the face and the golden mean, the number φ (1,618). The color is determined only according to the natural color of the hairs in the eyebrows and the hair.
Phibrows artists produce great work because they follow a very specific method that is taught to them through a rigorous 6 month training course. This course requires the artist to pass 11 levels of mastery to ensure that their methods and their work maintain a very high standard… the Phibrows standard.
The Phibrows method and tools have been meticulously designed and redesigned to aid their trained artists in producing very precise hairstrokes, perfect symmetry, and a beautiful eyebrow shape that goes with the natural shape of their client’s face and bone structure.
Phibrows products have also been tested and redesigned again and again to ensure the highest quality, to avoid any dangerous heavy metals found in most semi-permanent makeup pigments and to provide color that stays.
It is for these reasons and more, that if you want great results with your microblading treatment, it is highly recommended that you seek out a Phibrows artist.
What is it?
Phibrows Microblading is a manual "hand" method of semi permanent make up for your eyebrows which creates extremely fine natural looking hair strokes. The results? Perfectly natural looking full brows.
How long does it last?
Depending on your skin type and care, the pigment will fade slowly over 12-18 months.
Is Microblading painful?
The service can be a little uncomfortable for those who are more sensitive. However, there is an anesthetic applied during to keep this to a minimum to where it is completely tolerable.
How does it works?
The pigment is applied with a specific Phibrows tool that has a row of several fine needles to create thin hair like marks in the skin. Your artist will choose the pigment color according to your natural hair color and skin type. The pigment is bladed just below the epidermis and the most shallow part of the dermis, making extremely fine natural looking hair strokes. A very natural result is achieved, as the hairs are bladed into the skin according to the natural hair growth direction. A touch up is included 4-6 weeks after your initial treatment.
How long does the procedure takes?
The appointment should take about two to three hours.
Are there any pre-existing conditions that interfere when considering Microblading?
• Breastfeeding (treatment is possible, though anesthetic will not be possible)
• On keloids or if you have tendency to keloid, birthmarks or moles.
• Diabetic if the person is not under medical supervision.
• Serious diseases such as cancer, epilepsy, autoimmune disorders (doctor's note is required)
• Circulatory disorders (doctor's note is required)
• Any bleeding disorders (doctor's note is required)
• You're taking blood thinning medication
• Currently on Accutane or other strong retinoids (must wait until 6 months after treatment ends)
• If any skin diseases symptoms or irritation appears on the area.
• You've recently had Botox or Disport treatment (must wait 2 months)
• Old PMU
• You have a broken capillary in the eyebrows area
• If you have a sunburn.
• After waxing (must wait 3 days)
• After chemical peels (must wait two weeks)
Is there anything I need to do to prepare for my service?
• Do not drink coffee, alcohol or energizing drinks on the day of treatment.
• Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours before treatment.
• Do not take omega3 (fish oil) 1 week before treatment.
• Do not tan or have intense sun exposure 3 days before treatment.
• No waxing 2-3 days before treatment.
• No chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser or any other intense treatments 2 weeks before treatment.
• Shower and fix your hair as you need to take extra care not to get your brows wet for several days.
What can I expect during my service?
Before the appointment begins, the artist will provide a quick consultation to discuss expectations and results of the treatment.
The artist then draws on the eyebrow shape according to the PhiBrows golden ratio measuring tool. Brows are measured perfectly to complement your unique face shape and size.
Next, the artist chooses the perfect PhiBrows color.
Initial strokes are placed, then anesthetic is applied to reduce any discomfort.
Pigment is worked into each stroke to define the brow.
After, a pigment mask is left to absorb into the skin.
Once that's finished, the artist cleans the area thoroughly.
After the service, the artist will provide Skin Candy ointment to use for 7 days twice a day.
Is there any after-procedure care?
Yes! Make sure to avoid ALL of the following:
• Increased sweating, practicing sports, swimming, hot sauna, hot bath or jacuzzi, sun tanning or salon tanning.
• Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycol Acid on the face or neck.
• Picking, peeling or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment.
• Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris.
• Drinking alcohol in excess as it may lead to slow healing of wounds.
• Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles or motorcycles.
• Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab.
• Before showering apply a layer of Skin Candy ointment to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower keep your face away from the shower head. Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post microblading procedure, However, experience has shown that by following these aftercare instructions these symptoms may quickly disappear.
• Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly.
What happens during the touch up?
The touch up is recommended 4-6 weeks after initial treatment. During your touch up, the artist will fill in missing hairs, add or make hairs longer or just achieve a darker color.
How's the Microblading healing process like?
Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle. True reflection of healed color can only be assessed 3-4 weeks after treatment. Touch-ups and/or correction of the shape/design is recommended at least 4 weeks after initial treatment. It will go from too dark, to too light, to just right!
Immediately after the procedure, the pigment will appear very sharp and dark. This is because the pigment is still seating on top of your skin and has not yet settled in completely. The color of the pigment will soften gradually (do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab as this is excess pigment and/or body fluid that is naturally exiting your skin).
Once the healing of the skin starts taking place it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the color pigment is fading too quickly. However, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows.
Your eyebrows will be the lightest tones during days 5-12 because the color is absorbed in the deeper layers of the skin. Later skin cells push it back to the upper layers. Once the healing is completed, you will enjoy a pair of beautiful, new, natural looking eyebrows.